Thursday 19 June 2014

Veg Update - Still Hanging in There


The first carrot I have ever grown, very very tiny but tasted good


Just a quick update on my veg growing before I shoot off to samba practice.  I am pleased to report they are still hanging in there despite my lack of green fingers.  I'm especially pleased with my carrot.  I was so surprised to actually find a carrot when I pulled it up!




Sugar snap peas



Mini sweetcorn in the new veg patch, not sure if they will survive, as they lost most of their roots as I got them out of the container from the garden centre.  





Tumbling Tom



Red Alert, not sure if it has blight, I keep picking off leaves that look suspicious




Courgettes, not sure when they are ready to pick? I think they are minis, but I lost the seed packet




Mini cucumbers




Chillies




Pleased with my peas.  I love peas straight out of the pods, when I was a child I thought I would be clever and eat my nan's peas, leaving the pods on the plant.  I don't think I fooled anyone.




Spring Onions, small but strong




Drum roll........and carrots.  Far too many in a pot but I couldn't bring myself to get rid of any.




Really pleased so far, but I won't be cancelling the veg box anytime soon.  As always, any advice from the green fingered among you would be greatly appreciated by my plants.

Chickpea xx


5 comments:

  1. Everything is looking good, I think you've persuaded me to grow mange-tout again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. phew, thank you, I was sure someone was going to say they looked like they had something deadly. I really don't have a clue what I'm doing but learning for next year hopefully

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a carrot I'm so jealous! I looked at mine and wondered if there's anything orange under the soil depths but I'm refraining from finding out.

    (couldn't stand the appointment lol)

    I haven't been ignoring you but our broadband has been playing up again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't resist any longer, and was VERY surprised to find a carrot! It was only about three bites and it was gone, but I'm so proud of my carrot.

    Good luck with your carrots, go on have a sneaky peek xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should have been disappointment, don't know where the predictive text came from lol

    Your so bad, stop leading me astray x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!