Saturday 19 July 2014

A Saturday Stroll Along the River






It is incredibly hot and sticky again today, so I thought I would take you for a walk through the woods along the river where it is a bit cooler.  Yes we Brits are always whinging about the weather.   We parked the car at Malpas park and followed the path along the river around the cricket grounds. Sunny Corner where I used to eat my packed lunch when I worked in Truro.


Our next home?







There is a little path that goes through the woods where it was shady and a little cooler.





The OH found this tree highly amusing, I don't know why :)





The passenger boat on the way from Truro to Falmouth.  It is a lovely trip along the river, you can see  how the other half live!




We walked along to Malpas village and stopped at the pub for lunch, overpriced and underwhelming. The village is lovely, if we had planned better we would have taken a picnic and sat on one of the benches overlooking the river.



A sad little boat left to rust














These houses have always fascinated me, what a lovely place to live














Huge trees line the river








The tide was out by the time we got back




The view of Truro Cathedral from the park

I hope you enjoyed our little walk

Chickpea xx

 Welcome to David who takes the most beautiful photos and gave me advice on cameras, as you can see I'm still trying to figure out the settings, I'm not the most technically minded so it will take me a while.

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful walk! I hope that it did the trick and made you feel a little cooler. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only Brits whinge about the weather - the Dutch are excel at it too (very hot and sticky here at the moment as well).

    Beautiful photos - thanks for taking me on this leisurely walk xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely walk thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are all welcome, it was nice to have your company :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures as always. Them houses may be gorgeous but think of the cost of the buildings insurance being that close to the river lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leave the setting on the one that you took these wonderful pictures with, nice post look forward to more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Julee, true, perhaps I'll give them a miss ha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you David, I am enjoying using it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Chickpea, Thanks for letting us tag along,my shoulders have now left my ears(hope that makes sense)after your lovely photo's,I'm now full of Bliss!
    Hope you're well
    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pictures you certainly have some beautiful scenery there. It just makes me want to get out there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. My pleasure Sue, glad you are full of bliss now xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is beautiful, we often take it for granted xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely walk. I think I had a book that took place in Truro. I remember the name. It was a children's book. I will have to see if I still have it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't think what that would be Jennifer, if you find it I would be interested to know x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!