Sunday 17 August 2014

Just the Two of Us








































 Family were coming to stay this evening, we were booked to babysit the grandchildren while their parents met up with some friends.  It is lovely to be surrounded by family, but also important to spend some time together, just the two of us.  Yes most of the time it is just us, but during the week there are jobs, housework and all the other things that take up our time and attention.

The weather has been beautiful for weeks so the beaches have been full, we woke today to a dull drizzle, perfect for the beach.  These are the days when you can have the beach to yourselves.  We headed down to Gwithian a place full of childhood memories.  The forecast was predicting sun at about 3 o'clock, so we headed down there at midday.  Plenty of room in the car park and apart from a few walkers, an empty beach.  The sea was swarming with surfers on the Godrevy side, so we decided to walk along the beach towards Hayle.  It is a beautiful beach that stretches for miles with a view across to St Ives.  Soft golden sand, perfect for making sand castles and little rock pools to spot tiny fish and crabs.

It was lovely and cool, a welcome change from the oppressive heat we have been experiencing.  A lifeguard sat on his board with little to do but watch the waves.  The path we intended to climb back up had lost the steps at the bottom, probably due to the winter storms and was closed off.  In my younger days I would scrabble up the cliffs with no need for steps.  Those days are long gone.  We walked back the way we came, hand in hand enjoying our time together.

As we walked back along the cliffs, the clouds cleared and the blue skies appeared.  By the time we got back the car park was filling up.  Time for us to leave.

I hope you have had a relaxing weekend doing something special

Chickpea xx

9 comments:

  1. I miss the sea, so it has been a joy looking at your pictures. You are so right about spending time with your other half- very important :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely. It is so important to have that time together. My husband and I will have every other Friday morning together now that school has started, due to his work schedule. We're planning to make the most of our kid-free time! We also have an at-home "date" on Saturday nights, I look forward to it all week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived closer to the sea, I may have a drive out while we still have some summer left x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have that empty beach. Our last holiday in Portscatho was early in the season and we had many glorious walks along the deserted beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beaches empty most of all. We always go to Cornwall early in the season, and to places that are a bit more remote for that very reason. Thanks for taking me on a walk this morning. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I continue to be green with envy every time you post pics of Cornish beaches.
    It sounds a wonderful way to spend an afternoon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine not living by the sea, I think I would not cope well if I couldn't breath the sea air, it lifts my spirits every time :) I usually go to the beach more in the winter when it is quieter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like the perfect time, place and way to spend some time alone together just the two of you! Well done for taking some time for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful and such lovely images. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!